David D. Daggett
Every day at 4:30 a.m., David Daggett is up and running—literally. He’s a serious triathlete who has completed more than 185 triathlons, including 27 Ironman competitions. He has completed the Hawaii Ironman World Triathlon Championship eight times. David brings to his clients the same intensity and devotion that has helped him to become a world-class athlete. “To me, a lot of what I do athletically is a metaphor for what I do professionally,” he says. “Both take dedication and planning, and there are goals and finish lines.”
David is the managing partner of Daggett Shuler. He has practiced personal injury law since 1985. He is experienced in assisting clients with all types of injury cases, including serious injuries, wrongful death, and insurance claims. Over the years his clients have included professional runners, bicyclists, and triathletes including Ironman™ champions. He has represented top military officers and Olympic athletes from three continents. Most of all he loves people and helping them in times of need.
David Daggett is a founder of Safe Sober Prom Night, Inc., a program that promotes safety and awareness among teenagers in North Carolina. For more information, visit www.SafeSober.com.
David Daggett has received numerous accolades and awards for the Safe Sober Prom Night program, including The North Carolina Governor’s Highway Safety Award for Public Service, an honor never before given to a law firm. He has also been given the National Trial Lawyers Care Award from the American Association for Justice, as well as the American Bar Association Award for Dignity in Lawyer Advertising for his promotion of Safe Sober Prom Night. Recently he received the Ford Ironman Everyday Hero Award including being featured worldwide on ESPN and Universal sports.
“Our job is to take care of our clients, and we know, that for them, their case is very personal,” says David. “We help people through situations that many times, are the worst events they’ve experienced in their lives. So we try to meet our clients’ needs as we take care of business. As a husband and proud father of three young children, I understand the importance of a healthy family.” David Daggett.
To learn more about David, his family, his Ironman training and his passion for helping people, visit his personal web page, www.IronmanLawyer.com
Areas of Practice
- Juris Doctor, 1985, Wake Forest University
- BA in Economics, 1982, Indiana State University, cum laude
- North Carolina, 1985 The Supreme Court of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Awards & Achievements:
• Awarded “10 Best Lawyers in North Carolina” by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
• Named North Carolina “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine, Law and Politics, and Charlotte Magazine
• “AV Preeminent” Peer Review Rating – Martindale-Hubbell, 2009 to present
• Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The American Association of Justice, 2008 to present
• Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools Certificate of Recognition for Safe Sober Prom Night, 1998 to present
• Guilford County Board of Education Certificate of Appreciation for Safe Sober Prom Night, 1997 to present
• Awarded National Trial Lawyers Care Award by the American Association for Justice, 2016
•“Order of Service” Award for Committed Service, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2015
• Ebbie Award for Exceptional Service and Inspired Commitment, North Carolina Advocates for Justice, 2012
• Ironman Everyday Hero Award, 2009
• Dignity in Lawyer Advertising, American Bar Association, 1996
• Governor’s Highway Safety Program Public Service Award, 1995
• Board of Governors, North Carolina Bar Association
• Chair, North Carolina Lawyer Referral Service, 2014-2017
• Past-Chair of the North Carolina Conference of Bar Presidents
• Past President of the Forsyth County Bar Association
• Past President of the 21st Judicial District Bar Association
• Past President of Forsyth County Young Lawyers Association
• Million Dollar Advocates Forum
• Board of Directors, Chair, Insight Human services (DrugFreeNC), 2011-Present
• Founder and Sponsor, Safe Sober Prom Night, 1990-Present
Licensed USCF bicycle racer, licensed competitive triathlete, NORBA licensed mountain bike racer, Husband and father of three – working to perfect both roles.
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at www.daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.