Drunk Driving Accident Injury Attorneys in North Carolina
Experienced drunk driving accident lawyers in North Carolina
Drunk Driving is One of the Most Selfish Acts.
In the US in 2014, 9,967 people were killed and approximately 290,000 were injured in alcohol-related car crashes. Each crash, each death, each injury impacts not only the person in the crash but family, friends, classmates, coworkers and more. Even those who have not been directly involved in a drunk driving crash, still help pay the $199 billion yearly price tag of drunk driving.
If everyone bans together to fight this senseless epidemic, we can hopefully one day eliminate drunk driving. The attorneys and the entire staff of Daggett Shuler Law stand behind responsible driving. There is a very simple solution and that is to never get behind the wheel of a car after you have had any alcoholic beverages. Simple.
But thousands of drivers each year take their own lives and the lives of innocent victims, by drinking and driving or driving in an altered state. At Daggett Shuler, we rally each year to keep our high school students safe, by promoting the Safe Sober Prom Night safety program. We reach out to over 15,000 local teens and speak out against drinking and doing drugs at prom time. This important community program urges kids by promoting positive peer pressure, by making smart choices, not stupid ones. We are so proud of the 16,000 high school students, this year alone that have signed the Safe Sober Prom Night Pledge to stay safe and sober on prom night 2016.
Below are some staggering current statistics on why drinking and driving is still a big problem and why we all need to take personal responsibility for our kids, our families, and even our friends to help eliminate drinking and driving forever.
Please join Daggett Shuler Law in keeping North Carolina roads safe from alcohol-related crashes. As drunk driving accident attorneys in Winston-Salem NC, we see too many senseless crimes of drunk drivers hurting and even killing innocent people when they get behind the wheel. Get mad, stand up and be heard. This is serious.
Here are some serious statistics from MADD, Mother’s Against Drunk Drivers.
- Almost half of the drivers killed in crashes who tested positive for drugs also had alcohol in their system.
- About one-third of all drivers arrested or convicted of drunk driving are repeat offenders.
- In 2014, 9,967 people died in drunk driving crashes – one every 53 minutes.
- Nearly 1.1 million drivers were arrested in 2014 for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
- Males were three times more likely than females to drive drunk.
- The rate of drunk driving is highest among 21 to 25-year-olds (23.4%).
- In fatal crashes in 2014, the highest percentage of drunk drivers was for driver’s ages 21 to 24 (30 percent), followed by ages 25 to 34 (29%) and 35 to 44 (24%).
- The average person metabolizes alcohol at the rate of about one drink per hour.
- A standard drink is defined as 12 ounces of beer, 5 ounces of wine, or 1.5 ounces of distilled spirits, which contain the same amount of alcohol.
- In 2013, 200 children were killed in drunk driving crashes. Of those, 121 (61% percent) were riding with the drunk driver.
- Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of death for teens, and about a quarter involve an underage drinking driver.
- One in six teens binge drink. Only 1 in 100 parents believes his or her teen binge drinks.
- On average, two in three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime.
Please be safe out on the roads. When you get behind the wheel of an automobile, a motorcycle, a truck or any motor vehicle, you have a moral responsibility to drive safe and sober. Your life matters and remembers, safety first wins the game.
If you or a loved one has been affected by the recklessness of a drunk driver, it’s crucial that you contact an experienced drunk driving accident attorney in Winston-Salem who will fight on your behalf. We understand every step of the legal process, and will get you the compensation you deserve if you or a loved one has been injured, or even killed, in a drunk driving accident. Contact us today to receive a free case consultation; we are here to support you.
If you believe that you or a loved one may have a personal legal claim, you can contact us in one of three ways:
- Contact us online at www.daggettshulerlaw.com
- Call us toll free at 1-800-815-5500. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day.
- Click here for a Free Case Evaluation
At Daggett Shuler, you can depend on us.